Fruity Dark Chocolate Truffles
Posted on 20 Jun 2019 in Dark chocolate truffle recipes
The Kent Dark Chocolate Company’s Fruity Dark Chocolate Truffles
Try these delicious, dark chocolate, bite-sized treats. Made with The Kent Dark Chocolate Company’s dark chocolate flakes with apples and apricots.
10 servings – Prep time 10 minutes – Cooling time 30 minutes
- 115g of Kent Cox apple, cored, finely chopped
- 35 g of Kent dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50ml Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 50g / 2 heaped tablespoons of medium oatmeal (or finely chopped oat-flakes)
- 25g / 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil
- 15g / 1 heaped tablespoon of The Kent Dark Chocolate Company’s dark chocolate flakes
- Chocolate flakes for rolling (15-20g)
- Optional – Mini truffle cases
- In a small saucepan simmer the lime juice, chopped apples and chopped apricots until soft.
- Add the coconut oil and stir it in until melted, then mash together with a fork until smooth
- Take off heat and add in the oatmeal and blend thoroughly
- Once cooled add in the lime zest and a tablespoon of The Kent Dark Chocolate Company’s dark chocolate flakes mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 10 bite sized balls
- Roll in chocolate flakes then leave to cool in fridge for at least 30 mins
- Roll in more chocolate flakes and place in mini sweet cases
- Or serve with ice cream